[EM] Continuing interrupted reply to Closed

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 18:21:30 PST 2024

My phone fell off its stand, resulting in premature sending of the reply.
So let me resume:

As I was saying, I DO object to STV’s negative response, because
Sainte-Lague & d’Hondt don’t have any negative response.  …& STV is a
humongously elaborate complex procedure, requiring new balloting equipment
& software…while list-PR requires no new balloting equipment & no software
modification. The allocations to parties & their candidates can be
determined at any kitchen table where there’s a hand-calculator.

To return to the matter of Hare single-winner:

It’s true that sometimes the CW is an unliked middle compromise, & it would
be better to have the winner-favoriteness that comes with Hare,  which
always chooses the favorite of the largest faction of the Mutual-Majority
when there is once.

But, to best & always & most reliably eliminated perceived lesser-evil
giveaway-need, it’s necessary to always elect the CW, however unfavorite.
So I propose RP(wv) when rank-balloting is insisted-on.

… but would support a Hare proposal if Hare  is honestly offered.  It
currently is not.

There might be other comments in that post that I’d like to reply to, if I
can find it.