[EM] Poll Ballot, from Richard

John T Whelan john.whelan at astro.rit.edu
Wed Jul 17 22:16:26 PDT 2024

Richard gets at the fundamental problem with polls like this: anyone willing to run for President as a third party candidate in the current political climate under the current electoral system has shown a lack of judgement and responsibility which makes them an unacceptable choice. There are a number of people I'd rather see as President than Biden, but they're not running this year. Likewise, responsible alternative parties only seem to develop when they have a chance to participate in government.  If we had a real multi party system, the different factions in the established parties would make up 4-5 smaller parties that would govern in coalition.

JTW