[EM] Question to the Condorcetists

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 21:47:13 PST 2024

On Wed, Feb 28, 2024 at 21:07 Closed Limelike Curves <
closed.limelike.curves at gmail.com> wrote:

> . Some alternative criterion that gets us "99% of the way to Condorcet,"
>> so it behaves like Condorcet except in the rare cases where it conflicts
>> with participation (or maybe just mono-add-top/remove-bottom).

There might be better ways, but there’s always the lexicographical way. The
criterion could require that Participation (& other non-opposite-response
criteria) & Consistency be met.  …& that the voted CW, when there is one
must be elected when that doesn’t conflict with the above requirements.

A complying method could just repeat that wording, along with a
specification about what to do if there’s no voted CW, & what to do if the
ballot-configuration is such that additional of a new ballot could violate
Participation, or if some division of the electorate into 2 parts could
show a Consistency violation.

Maybe apply Implicit-Approval to the ballots then. (Ranked = approved)