[EM] The critical importance of Precinct Summability.

Closed Limelike Curves closed.limelike.curves at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 08:53:57 PDT 2024

I suspect the uncovered set might be slightly better because it's a close
approximation of the bipartisan set that isn't too hard to explain. Maximal
lotteries also have some very nice strategy-resistance properties.

On this topic and the lack of focus on proportional representation
mentioned elsewhere, I think it would be super useful to have some kind of
strongly-summable PR algorithm. ElectoWiki claims Ebert's method is summable
<https://electowiki.org/wiki/Summability_criterion#Multi-winner_generalizations_and_results>,
but the link is broken and Ebert has some big issues (e.g. negative
response and Pareto inefficiency).