[EM] Relative vs. Majority Condorcet

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 22:50:43 PDT 2024

On Wed, Apr 24, 2024 at 10:02 Closed Limelike Curves <
closed.limelike.curves at gmail.com> wrote:

> *Does "Majority-Condorcet" mean the CW needs to have a majority over every
> othercandidate?*
>
> Yes: a CW needs more than 50% of the vote, including tied ranks, to
> defeat every other candidate. This version of Condorcet is compatible with
> FBC.

I guess a lot of CWs wouldn’t be getting elected.

The best Condorcet methods don’t importantly fail FBC. A sincere CW can
only lose by offensive strategy, & the better Condorcet methods well-deter
offensive strategy. No need for any defensive strategy.

Was it you who once said that people would try offensive strategy? The
whole point of strategy is action based on an analysis of what the result
will be. It’s a strategist’s business to find that out first.

Anyway when it’s noticed to usually backfire…