[EM] Poll, preliminary ballots

Closed Limelike Curves closed.limelike.curves at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 12:49:21 PDT 2024

> *Consider the infamous Burlington and Alaska cases.  A voter doesn't want *
> *to see the full pairwise matrix to verify the official winner won every **one
> of those pairwise contests.*

> *Voters prefer to have fewer numbers to concentrate on when they are *

*looking for the winner.*

If you're giving an example with more than 3-4 candidates, you've messed up
regardless of the method. Otherwise, a pairwise matrix is easier to display
all at once, but only involves 3 to 6 comparisons (vs 3-4 for IRV). The
Burlington and 2022 Alaska Wikipedia pages include examples of
well-laid-out, easy-to-follow pairwise matrices.