[EM] Poll ballot revision, Friday 18 April

Chris Benham cbenhamau at yahoo.com.au
Thu Apr 18 12:12:49 PDT 2024

My two changes are down-ranking Gross Loser Elimination into the
"miscellaneous" bin and up-ranking Smith//Approval(implicit)
out of it to 6-8 alongside Schulze and Ranked Pairs.

Chris

1. Margins Sorted Approval (explicit)

2. Smith//Approval(implicit)

Hare (aka IRV) only with unlimited strict ranking from the top.

Benham

Double Defeat, Hare

6. Ranked Pairs (Winning Votes)

Schulze (Winning Votes)

Smith//Approval(implicit)

9. Approval

MinMax (winning Votes)

11. All those not listed above or below.

Fourth from bottom (I forget how many candidates there are):

Majority Judgement (and other versions of Average Rating)

Equal bottom:

STAR

Approval with top-two runoff

Plurality

I am only voting approval for Margins Sorted Approval (explicit). This
isn't a strict ranking with numbers missing,
for example I'm voting five candidates equal-second.

This ballot may not be final because I've yet to look into (or see any
examples of) one of Forest's nominations,
"Max Strength Transitive Beatpath".

Chris Benham