[EM] Poll ballot, Thursday 18 April

Chris Benham cbenhamau at yahoo.com.au
Wed Apr 17 21:09:27 PDT 2024

1. Margins Sorted Approval (explicit)

2. Smith//Approval(implicit)

Hare (aka IRV) only with unlimited strict ranking from the top.

Benham

Gross Loser Elimination

Double Defeat, Hare

7. Ranked Pairs (Winning Votes)

Schulze (Winning Votes)

9. Approval

MinMax (winning Votes)

11. All those not listed above or below.

Fourth from bottom (I forget how many candidates there are):

Majority Judgement (and other versions of Average Rating)

Equal bottom:

STAR

Approval with top-two runoff

Plurality

I am only voting approval for Margins Sorted Approval (explicit). This
isn't a strict ranking with numbers missing,
for example I'm voting five candidates equal-second.

This ballot may not be final because I've yet to look into (or see any
examples of) one of Forest's nominations,
"Max Strength Transitive Beatpath".

I didn't high-rank  Smith//Approval (explicit)  just because Margins
Sorted Approval(explicit) is more resistant to
Burial and is much more elegant (even meeting Reversal Symmetry).

I will soon be doing some more electioneering for my top candidate.

Chris Benham