[EM] Poll on voting-systems, to inform voters in upcoming enactment-elections

Richard Lung voting at ukscientists.com
Sun Apr 7 00:39:21 PDT 2024

Some comments about this voting methods poll seem to be in order.

A referendum on voting methods is paradoxical, because you have to know
good method, in order to find it. It's standard scientific method,
explained by HG Wells over a century ago, that voting method is not a
matter of opinion but a matter of demonstration.

This opinion poll would access the views of list members but it also
shows the disconnect with voters of the world, judging by the list of
options, mentioned by Kristofer. The caution by, or attributed to,
Werner Heisenberg is worth mentioning again: if you cannot at last come
back and explain wat it is you have found, all your finding has been
worthless.

Social choice theory has had 70 years to do this. They held a 50 year
celebration, at turn of 2000. Where is their standard model of election
method? Or is it an "Impossibility" in their fallible opinion? Their
insisting on the Anglo-American single member system is a case of: what
is may not be what's right (as David Hume said, and half the world seems
not to think so). Single member elections automatically halve
representation, its most inefficient form: "only half a democracy"
(Roert Newland). Compared to that, all the tweaks to single member
systems are insignificant, and not calculated to promote democratic
reform or progress. Only a Dr Pangloss would suggest this is the best of
all possible democratic worlds.

Regards,

Ricchard Lung.