[EM] Poll on voting-systems, to inform voters in upcoming enactment-elections

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 20:43:11 PDT 2024

On Thu, Apr 4, 2024 at 11:43 AM Joshua Boehme <joshua.p.boehme at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Reading this, my question was: what's the specific question we'd be
> answering?
>
> "How would you rank (or approve) these various voting-systems, in regards
to their merit-in-use (cost & difficulty of implementation, administration
& auditing against count-fraud--& strategy demands or problems for the
voter?"

Obviously we don't all agree on the relative importance of those
considerations for merit-in-use. I value count-fraud-security very highly,
more importantly than the benefits brought by the best ranked-methdos.

> In almost any real world application (i.e., anything other than an
> audience with a very strong math or programming background) I'd personally
> favor Approval over Schulze.

*EXACTLY !!!*

I don't know why I blocked that person a long time ago, but I'm unblocking.

> From a pure theoretical standpoint, though, I'd put them in the opposite
> order

Of course. RP(wv) is my favorite for polls, & for offering to jurisdictions
where people insist on ranked-methods.