[EM] Poll on voting-systems, to inform voters in upcoming enactment-elections

robert bristow-johnson rbj at audioimagination.com
Fri Apr 5 16:38:40 PDT 2024

> On 04/05/2024 7:04 PM EDT KenB <kdbearman at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On 4/5/2024 4:33 PM, robert bristow-johnson wrote:
> > right now there is just Democrat and Republican in the U.S. that have
> > state primaries
> = = = = =
> [KB]  At the moment, Minnesota has three "major" parties.  (We had four
> until the 2022 election.)  So each of them is entitled by law to be on
> primary ballots, including the Presidential Nominating Primary we had on
> Super Tuesday.

Wow.  Even though I lived 20 miles west, and I knew about the DFL, I didn't know that about Minnesota.  Three ballots in your presidential primary.

Vermont *does* have 3 ballots in the August primary (for state office elections), in our Super-Tuesday prez primary, it's just a choice of 2 ballots.

> The continued existence of major party status for the third of them,
> however, is subject to a MN Supreme Court case that's pending.  It
> should be decided before the timelines for our August statewide primary.

What's the name of the third party that has a presidential primary in which Minnesota prints ballots for?  I can say for sure that the Vermont Progressive Party does not proffer a candidate for US president.

Wow, again Minnesota beats Vermont in third-party presence.

r b-j . _ . _ . _ . _ rbj at audioimagination.com

.
.
.