[EM] Burial Detection & Correction

Forest Simmons forest.simmons21 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 12:00:32 PDT 2023

Kevin,

Here's what I had in mind:

1.Generate a random ballot profile.

2. If it has either a majority faction or a Condorcet cycle, discard it.

3. If there is a unilateral order reversal that creates a cycle, do one at
random, and check to see which Condorcet completion methods reward the
reversal.

increment the counters of success and failure.

4. Repeat ...

Am I being too naïve ?

How much difference would it make to generate the profiles geometrically?
Would it be worth the extra trouble?

Thanks!

Forest