[EM] Hey guys, look at this...

Forest Simmons forest.simmons21 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 15:45:37 PST 2023

Very interesting questions!

With regard to the ISDA question ...

It would be very strange for most voters to use up all of their equal-first
options without including at least their favorite Smith candidate as a
compromise.

Indeed, it's hard to see how the frivolous top voting could happen without
the bottom preferences hijacking the determination of the Smith set.

But here's the way to look at it: the method is just agenda based chain
climbing in disguise.

Until you reach the worst Smith item on the agenda, everything is
irrelevant to the final outcome.

-Forest