[EM] Hey guys, look at this...

Kevin Venzke stepjak at yahoo.fr
Sun Feb 19 16:21:22 PST 2023

Hi Colin,

> Le dimanche 19 février 2023 à 12:47:49 UTC−6, Colin Champion <colin.champion at routemaster.app> a écrit :
> I asked Kristofer whether Condorcet+FPTP complied with the Condorcet Loser criterion. He
> replied "probably not" with a sketch proof, and then gave the following example.

Also the standard MinMax "bad example" is also a C+FPP Condorcet Loser bad example:

14:D>A>B>C
13:D>B>C>A
13:D>C>A>B
20:A>B>C>D
20:B>C>A>D
20:C>A>B>D

It's too bad Rob's calculator must be accessed by archive. I have recently made a
calculator at
votingmethods.net/cond

This is a WV calculator, but if one only uses full rankings then it doesn't matter. It
solves MinMax, Schulze, RP, and River, and attempts to detail the step-by-step resolution
of the latter three (for Schulze, using the Schwartz sequential dropping approach).

> I'd wondered whether Robert didn't have any intellectual commitent to the criterion, but
> had used it in argument against IRV and therefore found his options limited.

I don't quite follow that since IRV satisfies Condorcet Loser.

Kevin
votingmethods.net