[EM] Fwd: Easy-handcount Majority-SP never elects BF, with defensive-truncation

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 04:26:32 PST 2023

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Michael Ossipoff <email9648742 at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Dec 28, 2023 at 04:07
Subject: Re: Easy-handcount Majority-SP never elects BF, with
defensive-truncation
To: Forest Simmons <forest.simmons21 at gmail.com>

Uh-oh, Bus doesn’t defeat BF. But Bus can’t be defeated.

…& so wins unless someone else is un-majority-beaten due to lots of
truncation.

I guess Bus could eliminate CW before BF meets CW. …& CW was BF’s only
defeater.

But BF *might* be eliminated, & Bus can’t be eliminated (because hir only
top-cycle defeat isn’t helped by the defensively-truncating CW-voters.  …&
Bus, as a top-cycle member, has no defeats from outside the top-cycle).

So, probabilistic-deterrence.