[EM] Reducing the field for online elections

Forest Simmons forest.simmons21 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 13:08:30 PDT 2023

In control theory for stability you want critical damping of oscillations,
which means barely enough friction to prevent predicted overshoot.

This control friction is proportional to the opposite of the sampled rate
of change of the state variable being controlled ... in this case the
cumulative vote vector.

... something like that :-)