[EM] Condorcet meeting

Michael Garman michael.garman at rankthevote.us
Fri Aug 25 16:23:22 PDT 2023

Colin,

Your concern about approval voting is corroborated, at least anecdotally,
by evidence from Fargo, ND -- the only US jurisdiction to use approval in
general elections. In 2022, 60%
<https://citizendata.com/tracking-voter-support-for-electoral-reforms/> of
voters reported voting for just one candidate in the field of seven. At
least two candidates (at least according to quotes in an article
<https://democracysos.substack.com/p/what-fargo-reveals-about-approval>from
Rob Ritchie) encouraged their supporters to bullet vote for them.

MJG