[EM] Condorcet meeting

Colin Champion colin.champion at routemaster.app
Fri Aug 25 13:51:40 PDT 2023

I’m not persuaded of approval voting. My guess is that voters will
bullet-vote for the candidate they like best among those they know
about; candidates will encourage bullet voting on their own behalf;
pundits will have nothing better to say, and voters will have no motive
to award more than the minimum number of approvals.
    A danger of quadratic and entropic measures is that they don't
impose the constraint that the number of survivors has to be small
enough to make ranked voting effective on the second round.
    CJC