[EM] Condorcet meeting

Colin Champion colin.champion at routemaster.app
Thu Aug 24 06:55:58 PDT 2023

Also, I'm not sure if cardinal voting (such as Star) solves anything.
For most voters, sorting a list of candidates has quadratic work, and
has to be avoided if the field is large. But is cardinal voting any
better? If the scores had an intrinsic meaning, you could work through
the list and assign the correct value to each candidate. But they don't,
so you'll start by assigning tentative scores until you find an
inconsistency - eg. two candidates have the same score but vastly
different acceptability - and then you have to adjust the numbers you've
already given. You'll probably end up sorting and grouping into quintiles.
    CJC