[EM] Unifying DMTC and DMTCBR, and method X criterion

Forest Simmons forest.simmons21 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 17:24:40 PDT 2023

Great criterion as far as it goes ... great at not rewarding buriers, but
bad at electing buried candidates ... if I understand it.

Hence the need for a sincere runoff:

40 A>B(Sincere A>C)
35 B>C
25 C>A

The sincere CW is C, which cannot be elected because 25 is less than 100/3,
if I understand the proposed critersion.

But a top three sincere runoff of the form

A vs (B vsC)

will elect C assuming rational voters informed of the true preferences.