[EM] STAR

Toby Pereira tdp201b at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Aug 14 01:02:58 PDT 2023

 I wasn't referring to the Condorcet Jury Theorem. I was referring to the fact that there's no way that you can consistently define society's preference in a way that you can determine whether society prefers A or B by looking at the pairwise comparison. (Because of the possibility of cycles.)
    On Monday, 14 August 2023 at 00:14:16 BST, Kristofer Munsterhjelm <km_elmet at t-online.de> wrote:

 On 8/14/23 00:33, Toby Pereira wrote:
> To be clearer I should have said "logical impossibility" rather than
> "logical fallacy".

Is it a logical impossibility, though? The Condorcet jury theorem may be
unrealistic, but it's not a self-evident contradiction.

-km