[EM] Ultimate SPE Agenda Processing: Sink Swap Bubble

Forest Simmons forest.simmons21 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 05:11:40 PDT 2023

OK ... lacking an ndefeated candidate to elect ...

1. Use the RCV ballot informatioren to construct an elimination agenda ...
a list of the candidates with the less favorable near the top of the list,
and the more favorable near the bottom.

2.This list is to be published a week or ten days before the runoff.

3. The runoff ballot is an official copy of this agenda with the following
accompanying instructions:

4. Put a check mark next to the name of every candidate you like better
than any of the candidates listed below it. The check mark is an
abbreviation for BTAOTB "Better Than Any of the Below"

5. Elect the highest candidate on the list that has a BTAOTB check mark on
more than 50% of the submitted ballots.

6. The candidate listed last (bottom) is the default winner (when no other
candidate is preferred over "The Below" by a full majority of the
participating voters).

All registered voters should be able to  participate in this runoff, even
if they did not participate in the first round (the check for a candidate
undefeated pairwise).

It seems to me that the simplicity and importance of the runoff would
attract excellent participation.

Thoughts and suggestions?

-Forest