[EM] Friendly Voting: Some Criteria Compliance Proof Sketches

Forest Simmons forest.simmons21 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 18:08:02 PDT 2022

Suppose de granted each candidate one free bullet ballot .... that would
keep non-Smith candidates from being in the tied-for-win set ... but it
creates a non-scaling problem.

However, if we grant each candidate a gratuitous bullet ballot with
positive weight epsilon, and shrink epsilon until further shrinkage stops
changing the winner, then the method becomes scale invariant.

-Forest