[EM] A Decisive, Landau Efficient, Generalized Median, Single Winner Method

Forest Simmons forest.simmons21 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 21:04:23 PDT 2022

A slight correction is needed: the simple version, is Smith Efficient, but
not quite Landau efficient. For that we need a tweak to the cost of a
beatpath that is a concave down increasing function of k:

 c(k,epsilon)=(1-epsilon^k)/(1-epsilon),

in other symbols ...

Sum over j from zero to k of epsilon^j,

where epsilon is some fixed, positive infinitesimal.