[EM] Smith//Score ?

Forest Simmons forest.simmons21 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 13:42:53 PST 2022

Note that Smith//Score is the same as Smith,Score.

I would like to see how Smith//Score compares with Score Chain Climbing for
burial resistance, etc.

While Smith//Score can elect a covered candidate, Score Chain Climbing
cannot.

Score Chain Climbing is the closest clone free, monotonic method to
Banks//Score.

SCC:
While there remain two or more uneliminated candidates, from among those
remaining eliminate the highest score candidate that does not pairwise
defeat the lowest score candidate.

One reason this method is so burial resistant is because (at any stage
among the remaining candidates) the faction of the highest score candidate
that cannot defeat the lowest score candidate L is the most likely culprit
in the burial of L.

Since L does not pairwise beat itself, it will eliminate itself after all
of its potential buriers have been eliminated, if and only if there remains
another candidate that defeats it.

Note that the SCC winner is elected seamlessly from Banks without having to
compute Banks or Smith.

[This method is Banks efficient because the set of L's is a maximal chain
totally ordered by pairwise defeat.]

A Banks winner is always uncovered because every candidate is beaten by
some member L of the maximal chain, and the Banks winner is not beaten by
any of the L's.