[EM] Quick and Clean Burial Resistant Smith, compromise

Daniel Carrera dcarrera at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 21:32:57 PST 2022

On Fri, Jan 14, 2022 at 6:33 AM Kristofer Munsterhjelm <km_elmet at t-online.de>
wrote:

> E.g. Smith//Plurality (Or Smith,Plurality) from the extremely easy to
> manipulate category, and Minmax from the intermediate-to-high one.

I forgot you specifically asked about Smith//Plurality. I'm not familiar
with the '//' notation but I'm going to guess that the rule is "find the
Smith set and then find the plurality winner within that". If so, then that
method is like Minimax in that it is less skewed toward the simplest
strategies:

Smith//Plurality
- 59% susceptible
- 89% of successful strategies are the trivial one
- 79% of the non-trivial strategies are the "reverse" strategy and 21% are
the JGA-style search.

Minimax
- 41% susceptible
- 90% of successful strategies are the trivial one
- 77% of the non-trivial strategies are the "reverse" strategy and 23% are
the JGA-style search.

Hare
- 6.9% susceptible
- 100% of successful strategies are the trivial one

Benham
- 4.8% susceptible
- 98% of successful strategies are the trivial one
- 90% of the non-trivial strategies are the "reverse" strategy and 23% are
the JGA-style search.

And I should have realized that for "Plurality" it is trivially true that
100% of successful strategies are trivial since only the first choice on
the ballot matters.

Cheers,
--
Dr. Daniel Carrera