[EM] Quick and Clean Burial Resistant Smith, compromise

Colin Champion colin.champion at routemaster.app
Sat Jan 15 06:04:00 PST 2022

This seems very interesting. If I understand it correctly, Daniel is
saying that when a voting method can be subverted by tactical voting in
such a way that candidate c is elected in place of the rightful winner
w, the subversion can nearly always be accomplished if all voters who
prefer c to w simultaneously compromise on c and bury w.
    I'm surprised that "false cycles" don't come into it. Should I
conclude that artificially placing a candidate second hardly ever
achieves anything not achieved by compromising and burial?
       CJC