[EM] Simple Symmetrical MJ

Forest Simmons forest.simmons21 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 22:58:01 PDT 2021

This works for any number of categories ... kind of like a symmetrical
version of Borda ... except that the collapses are done independently
rather than in concert ...

WHILE there remains more than one judgment category inhabited by ballot
judgments for X ...
IF one of the outer two categories has more than half of X's ballot
judgments ...
THEN .... fold all of the other categories into that one majority
category...
ELSE ... fold the two outer categories into their nearest neighbors...
END WHILE

The sole remaining category has the MJ for X.

Finally!! ...the simple version of MJ that works for any number of judgment
categories!!!

If six is your favorite, no problem; we can do it!

We could use MJ itself to find the best number (i.e. majority judgment
number) of slots for public political elections.

STAR, ASM(Ted Stern's version), and Standard MJ all use six slots ... any
reasons to change to five or seven?

FWS