[EM] MJ Symmetrized ... special cases

Forest Simmons forest.simmons21 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 21:59:08 PDT 2021

Another valuable special case is five categories because of the popular A,
B, C, D, F scale.

IF either the A or the F category (by itself) holds a majority of the voter
judgments for candidate X,  then we're done ...
ELSE fold the A and F categories into the B and D categories,
respectively...
AND ... use the three slot version to find the MJ.

This symmetrical 5-slot version of MJ is way simpler than 6-slot MJ.

Why not stick with 3, 5, or 7 slots (categories) for most single winner
elections ? Ordinary 6 slot MJ lacks the  simplicity and symmetry of these
nearby odd slot versions.

FWS