[EM] Teams

Susan Simmons suzerainsimmons at outlook.com
Sat Jul 10 16:33:00 PDT 2021

We have to be careful about adding connotation  to the word "defeat" in the context of pairwise contests since it already has standard usage relating pairwise victors to losers.

It is more common to use forms of "disqualify" and "disqualified" to denote the change of status from eligible (continuing) to ineligible.

"Defeated by" in its standard meaning is not a transitive relation, but we do have the liberty to include transitivity into our definition of "disqualifies."

Sent from my MetroPCS 4G LTE Android Device