[EM] Improvement on Jobst's Chain climbing method

Richard Lung voting at ukscientists.com
Sun Mar 3 05:39:34 PST 2019

The American context of voting theory, in a country where single-winner
elections predominate, is minimally democratic (maiorocracy, the tyranny
of the majority: JS Mill) so unlikely to provide general conclusions.
And Condorcet is not an actual method, but a cross-checking of the
result for any given method. Anyway, I suspect that this approach has
turned into a search for the best way to eliminate candidates.
 From my point of view, it is an unnecessary task, because the
exclusion  of unprefered candidates can be conducted in a same accurate,
rational manner (using Meek keep values) as the election of prefered
candidates: Binomial STV, actually FAB STV. This does away with
discarding the votes of candidates before the whole count has been
completed. And thereby does away with non-monotonicity (preferential
illogic in the count).

from Richard Lung.