[EM] Improvement on Jobst's Chain climbing method

Kevin Venzke stepjak at yahoo.fr
Sun Mar 3 08:01:03 PST 2019

 Hi Forest, I agree your revision seems better. I also don't like the potential for C3 to change the outcome like that.
It seems like the revised method would usually elect C1, with the most common exception being when C2 pairwise defeats C1. As you proceed down the list it starts to become hard to imagine how the candidate could do well enough in pairwise contests (to be elected) while doing so poorly in approval.
So this seems to me like a clone-independent way of fixing an overly simple method like "elect the approval winner unless second place beats him pairwise."
Kevin