[EM] The Problem with Score Voting and Approval Voting

robert bristow-johnson rbj at audioimagination.com
Mon Jun 24 12:52:52 PDT 2019

Subject: Re: [EM] The Problem with Score Voting and Approval Voting

From: "Richard Lung" <voting at ukscientists.com>

Date: Sun, June 23, 2019 7:26 am

To: "EM" <election-methods at lists.electorama.com>

> I agree with all this.

> It was said long ago, with regard to many votes per seats and cumulative

> voting, as by Enid Lakeman: Multiple votes count against each other.

> Single transferable voting is the way to go.
Richard, do you mean specifically "[IRV] is the way to go" or that the use of the ordinal ranked-ballot is the way to go?

Single transferable vote [STV] means "IRV" to me and at one time I thought it would make little difference in outcome in comparison to Condorcet.  But 10 years ago, in my very own town, I found out differently.

r b-j                         rbj at audioimagination.com