[EM] The Problem with Score Voting and Approval Voting

Richard Lung voting at ukscientists.com
Mon Jun 24 17:08:39 PDT 2019

In Canada, and perhaps the USA, in some parts, STV included IRV. Neither
(nor indeed any official election in the world) has a rational exclusion
count, and I think the consequences of that omission is what you are
getting at. The system of transferable voting, I developed, has both a
rational election count and a rational exclusion count, but it is still
a single transferable vote. It is just counted both as an order of
preference and as an order of reverse preference, to extract more
information from the voting data.
A crucial point here is that (with FAB STV) no candidates are excluded
during the stages of the count, thus prematurely excluding available
information. Likewise no candidates are elected till all the stages of
the count have run their course.

Richard L.