[EM] Resume: Proportional multi-winner ranked voting methods - guidelines?

Armando pitocco.ma at anche.no
Mon May 22 17:44:04 PDT 2017

Dear Richard Forbes,
a special thank to you for your ready answers. Actually I already met your website years ago, and I found it one of the most fascinating tool for internet voting.
I’m not an expert, so I’m not sure to have well understood, correct me if I mistake:
your systems seems to fit specially context like USA, where traditionally the relationship within the constituencies and their representatives is harder than in non-anglosaxon countries. It seems that they are the best solution for countries who don’t prioritize proportionality, who look for local representation, but however want some pluralism.
Since in my view and for my needs my priorities are perfect proportionality and political representation (instead of local representation), so nation-wide district are not a problem, I’m correct in believing that your systems don’t fit to me more than a proportional condorcet?

Thank you again