[EM] Resume: Proportional multi-winner ranked voting methods - guidelines?

VoteFair electionmethods at votefair.org
Mon May 22 11:18:18 PDT 2017

On 5/21/2017 7:10 PM, Armando wrote:
> I want to thank you everybody for your useful and attentive comments,
 > although I remained silent I read everything. I’m glad to have found
 > this mailing list, very interesting discussions.

Thank you for letting us know that our answers were useful.

> In these months I continued discussing about these themes in my organization.

Thank you for spreading useful voting knowledge.

> After reading your reflections, actually I think that any
 > proportional multi-winner Condorcet (different from traditional STV)
 > in very large magnitude constituencies (more similar too original
 > Hare idea) should not be affected by the various problems you
 > mentioned and satisfy my original question. Soon I’ll send you
 > some more questions, since you are so kind.

Based on your current thinking it's clear -- to me -- that you
understand what we wrote.

> Meanwhile I’ll be thankful for any advice of further readings if you have.

You, and we, are exploring frontier territory, so there's not a lot of
formal writing about "proportional multi-winner Condorcet" methods
beyond what we've told you about.

If you, or anyone, has specific questions about what I wrote regarding
this topic in "Ending The Hidden Unfairness In U.S. Elections", just ask.

Richard Fobes