[EM] Resume: Proportional multi-winner ranked voting methods - guidelines?

Richard Lung voting at ukscientists.com
Sun Jun 4 10:17:07 PDT 2017

To all.

Of election method, the founders came up with two (more) options: for
counting ranked choice: Condorcet and Borda.
As previously explained, both ways have information value. This group
talks much about the Condorcet route. I chose the Borda route, as
refined by JB Gregory for multi-member PR. My invention of Binomial STV
progresses on that path. BTV does not have the information-loss problems
from irregularities in the count, as discussed in terms of opportunities
for strategic voting.
I would say that BTV short-comings, which it no doubt has, are to do
with the recognised limitations of traditional statistics, more than
anything else. But BTV underlines that elections really are statistical
exercises of the voters indeterminate support for candidates. Altho some
election results are obvious enough. In general, results are not of the
deductive kind: this is the right result. Rather, this more or less
probably is the balance of voters judgment.

from
Richard Lung.

--
Richard Lung.