[EM] Resume: Proportional multi-winner ranked voting methods -

Mat Danaher mat at organise.win
Sat Jun 3 16:14:08 PDT 2017

Hi all don't comment on this list much but has anyone got any examples of
condorcet multi winner variants being used in real life?

It is something I'm interested in and am think about making a case for
using it for a grant awarding trust to decide projects to support... the
method only has to be understood by trustees who are all fairly astute and
patient people.

Thanks and all the best

Mat

On Sat, 3 Jun 2017 at 10:41, steve bosworth <stevebosworth at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Armondo,
> that in contrast to  Associational Proportional Representation (APR), the
> "proportional multi-winner Condorcet [method] in very large magnitude
> constituencies" which you currently seem to prefer would still "waste"
> some citizen's votes both quantitatively and qualitatively.  Also, each of
> the Condorcet methods for counting the votes is much more difficult for
> ordinary citizens to understand.
> What do you think?
> Steve
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Resume: Proportional multi-winner ranked voting methods -
>       guidelines? (Armando)
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Sun, 21 May 2017 20:10:09 -0600
> From: Armando <pitocco.ma at anche.no>
> To: election-methods at lists.electorama.com
> Subject: [EM] Resume: Proportional multi-winner ranked voting methods
>         - guidelines?
>
> I want to thank you everybody for your useful and attentive comments,
> although I remained silent I read everything. I?m glad to have found this
> mailing list, very interesting discussions.
> In these months I continued discussing about these themes in my
> organization.
> After reading your reflections, actually I think that any proportional
> multi-winner Condorcet (different from traditional STV) in very large
> magnitude constituencies (more similar too original Hare idea) should not
> be affected by the various problems you mentioned and satisfy my original
> question. Soon I?ll send you some more questions, since you are so kind.
>
> Meanwhile I?ll be thankful for any advice of further readings if you have.
> Best regards,
> Armando Pitocco
>

> ----

Sent from my iPhone apologies for spelling and brevity