[EM] MAM vs Schulze (3-slot Smith//Score)

C.Benham cbenham at adam.com.au
Sun Oct 9 20:18:24 PDT 2016

On 10/10/2016 7:43 AM, Forest Simmons wrote:
> I want to propose a new Condorcet Method below, but first a simple
> three slot method inspired by Jameson's MAS, but one that truly
> satisfies the Chicken Defense Criterion:
>
> Ballots are scores or ratings on a scale of zero to three.
>
> The Smith candidate with the highest average score wins.

Forest,

What is the "Chicken Defense Criterion"?

Your suggested 3-slot  Smith//Score doesn't meet the  Chicken Dilemma
criterion.

http://wiki.electorama.com/wiki/Chicken_Dilemma_Criterion

33: A>B
32: B
34: C

A>B>C>A , all candidates in the Smith set.     0-1-2 Scores: B 97 > C 68
 > A 66.

B easily wins, but the Chicken Dilemma criterion specifies that B must
not win.

Chris Benham

> Do I remember correctly that MAM is just Ranked Pairs with a better
> tie breaker?

C:  MAM ("Maximum Affirmed Majorities")  is  Ranked Pairs (Winning
Votes) with a specific random-ballot based tie-breaker.

http://wiki.electorama.com/wiki/Maximize_Affirmed_Majorities