[EM] MUMA like method with MJ style ballots

Jameson Quinn jameson.quinn at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 16:56:29 PDT 2016

One final adjustment to MAS.

Problem: in a center squeeze scenario, the squeezed center could plausibly
get less than 25% upvotes, but should still get a default of midvotes,
because they will probably get a number of explicit midvotes.

Solution:

New default rule: If a candidate gets upvoted by over 25%, *or explicitly
midvoted by 50%, or any combination which yields the same score as these
two possibilities*, blank votes for them count as midvotes (1 point); if
they get *a lower score from explicit votes*, blank votes for them count as
downvotes (0 points). A voter who leaves all candidates in a race blank is
not counted as having voted in that race at all.