[EM] FBC, center squeeze, and CD

C.Benham cbenham at adam.com.au
Wed Nov 9 19:07:21 PST 2016

On 11/10/2016 11:48 AM, Michael Ossipoff wrote:

> But that doesn't change the fact that all of my examples of wv's CWs
> "protection" guarantees had the CWs preferred from both sides, and
> supported from one wing, the wing opposite the truncating or burying wing.
>
> That's the "wv-like strategy" that I've been referring to.
>
> ...even though wv has an additional anti-burial guarantee, or even
> though its anti-burial guarantee is stronger and more general.

Mike,

I'm not completely clear on the exact definition of this
property/criterion that you think is worth giving up compliance with
Mono-add-Plump
and Plurality to have.

> Yes, in the standard chicken-dilemma example, MDDTR elects A, and
> that's a violation of the Plurality Criterion. Try to forgive MDDTR
> for electing the most favorite-popular candidate who isn't
> majority-beaten  :^)

I'm afraid I find the justification "most favorite-popular candidate who
isn't majority-beaten" to be quite oblique and arbitrary-sounding.

"Majority-beaten" can go away if we add a few ballots that just plump
for nobody, so big deal. Either elect the candidate that is doing the
"majority-beating" or forget about it.

Chris  Benham