[EM] 1/r as a voting system.

Fred Gohlke fredgohlke at verizon.net
Mon Apr 18 07:26:47 PDT 2016

Good Morning, Dermot

Thanks for your comment.  One of the many difficulties of sifting
through the electorate to find the best advocates of the public interest
is that many people lack the desire or ability to think carefully about
public problems.  Yet, to build a bottom-up political process we must
make it available to everyone.  Your idea ensures that those who
participate are people with a genuine interest in public affairs.

I'm not sure how a clustering algorithm would work; perhaps an exchange
of policy positions among interested parties.  In any case, the concept
will evolve, probably with changes, as thoughtful people help smooth out
the rough spots.  Like the autioneer says, "It doesn't matter where we
start.  It's where we end up that counts."

Any method we can devise that elevates our best people to public office
will benefit society.  It's a difficult task.  You've made a start.
Let's keep it rolling.

Fred Gohlke