[EM] ?MAM better than VoteFair? Steve's 3rd dialogue with Richard Fobes

VoteFair ElectionMethods at VoteFair.org
Sat Oct 17 16:39:55 PDT 2015

I'm not sure why the message below is specifically addressed to me.

A single-winner method that is based on STV, and does not involve
"Condorcet pairing," sounds to me like a variation of IRV.  That's not
something I would find acceptable.

I'll let others express their opinion on this topic.

My specialty is VoteFair ranking, which has both single-winner and
"proportional" components that are based on what I'll call pairwise
counting.  (And it involves yet other voting innovations, including
ranking parties and keeping the number of candidates to a reasonable
number.)

Richard Fobes