[EM] (2): UK 'post mortem', 2nd discussion between Steve and Fred Gohlke

Alexander Praetorius citizen at serapath.de
Fri Jul 3 07:11:12 PDT 2015

Facebook & Co. are not the solution.

If everyone would start to run their "private life" as if they would run a
business (thus, no consuming, but instead investing into one's own growth)
- that would need everyone to keep records and evaluate on how they are
doing and gives them incentives to collaborate with others and decide what
they want to "create" together ... with this mindset, i start with myself,
and once i'm confident i am in control of my data and performance and can
make decisions in my life like if i would run a "business" (just that i
might optimize for fun or whatever instead of profit), then i can start
collaborating with others to improve life conditions for me and my
community.

The more this becomes a "culture" and the more of my relatives or
aquaintances in general start doing the same, the bigger (strategic?)
issues "we" can take on.
Thats the "bottom-up-process" which only works if people start to get
organized in order to be able to act collaboratively in constructive ways.

If they DONT do that, everything that needs some kind of "orchestration
effort" will always be done by politicians or managers in corporations,
because "private individuals" are not capable of that degree of
orchestration.

On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 5:52 PM, Fred Gohlke <fredgohlke at verizon.net> wrote:

> Good Morning, Alexander
>
> You got me!!!
>
> You're talking about entrepreneurs starting business in technology-related
> businesses.  That's something I'm not qualified to discuss.  However, it
> raises two comments:
>
> First, while seems to me *anyone* might take advantage of the
> opportunities you describe, I doubt that *everyone* could.
>
> Second, I don't understand how the kind of operations you describe will
> enhance democracy any more than any other kind of activity among humans.  I
> have not noted any concerted effort to build a bottom-up political process
> among such fads as Facebook and Twitter (I subscribe to neither, but hear a
> lot about them).
>

> Fred Gohlke
> ----

*DISCLAIMER:*

*Everything I have written above is my personal experience/opinion on
things, no matter what kinds of words i did use(e.g. "always", "never",
"impossible", "waste of time", ....).*

*Such extreme words only do indicate, that my experience/opinion on
something is very strong and i currently cannot imagine that there are
other possibilities until new arguments/insights/whatever open my eyes that
there are alternative perspectives too :-)Please do not feel discouraged to
challenge my opinion if you have a different one.*

*Best Regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen*
Alexander Praetorius
Bornemannstrasse 17
D - 60599 Frankfurt am Main
Germany