[EM] Voter strategising ability

robert bristow-johnson rbj at audioimagination.com
Sun Jul 13 12:00:52 PDT 2014

> Assuming that people are happy with strategic voting,

i don't understand why would anyone assume that.

the main "strategy" voters have available to them is the wonderful fun
strategy call "Compromising".  so we get to strategize and forsake our
favorite candidate and dilute our political position in the electorate.
that's a real happy situation to be happy with.

what we want is a voting system that is safe, simple, allows expression,
and rewards sincerity over strategy.  despite the protestations from the
Score and Approval folks, i have never been persuaded by them that their
solution beats the Ranked Ballot and a Condorcet compliant method to
tabulate the ballots and determine the winner.

r b-j                  rbj at audioimagination.com