[EM] Voter strategising ability

Gervase Lam gervase at madasafish.com
Sat Jul 12 12:40:34 PDT 2014

On Sat, 2014-07-12 at 20:34 +0100, Gervase Lam wrote:
> Also interestingly, as well as asking those surveyed who they would vote
> for, most of the surveys also asked how likely they would vote in each
> of the 2014 and 2015 elections on a scale from 0 to 10.  With the data
> provided in most of those surveys, I would find it easy to use a
> spreadsheet and use the scale to weight each vote.  Some of the surveys
> did that while others only considered those who would definitely vote in
> their count.

A brief addendum to this, which I should have added before sending.

Given the variations used in how the surveys handled the voter
intention, I don't know if a voter will choose the appropriate
variation.

Basically, I think voter strategy won't be consistent.  Also, it will be
hard to tell whether each voter will vote using good strategy or bad
strategy.

Thanks,
Gevase.