[EM] A Chicken Proof, Monotonic Method

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 05:41:47 PDT 2014

Forest--

I haven't yet found a definition of the Banks set that I understand. Is the
Banks set a subset of the Smith set. If so, then, from what you said,
Jobst's method meets Smith, which means that it meets MMC.

Then, it has what I consider to be the important properties of Benham and
Woodall:

MMC + CD + Condorcet.

...with the added bonus of avoiding criticism about the possibility of
nonmonotonicity.

Clone Independence is another bonus. Benham and Woodall meet Clone
Independence too, don't they?

So my question is:  Are all Banks set members also members of the Smith
set? Does Jobst's method meet Smith?

What is the name of Jobst's method?

Is it right to say that a ballot implicitly approves a candidate if it
doesn't bottom-rank hir?

(Where a ballot bottom ranks a candidate if it doesn't rank her over
anyone, and ranks someone over hir)

What is the name of that method introduced by Jobst? Is "Chain-Climbing"
its name?

Michael Ossipoff