[EM] MMPO(IA>MPO) (was IA/MMPO)

Jameson Quinn jameson.quinn at gmail.com
Sat Oct 26 13:29:51 PDT 2013

I like the relative simplicity of this method. It's also nice because it
has a clear relationship to Bucklin/median methods. It seems as though it
would do well against the chicken dilemma; though perhaps it would be even
better if it used pure MPO as a tie breaker.

I have two questions, then. What would you call it? And, how would you
count it in practice? Would you need to keep a full Condorcet matrix, or
are there tricks which would allow you to do a hand-count without that?

As to naming, here are some ideas:

   - Pairwise Opposition Bucklin
   - Instant Runoff Bucklin
   - Threshold Approval Minus Oppsition (TAMO)