[EM] SODA Monotonic?

Forest Simmons fsimmons at pcc.edu
Tue Oct 15 13:52:06 PDT 2013

Jameson,

I'm glad you are still working on SODA.  Trying to understand the details
of why a particular order is used in casting the proxy approvals may tax
the patience of Joe Public, but most of the public won't care about the
details.  The basic idea is very simple; you mark the approvals that you
care about, and leave the rest to your designated candidate. Each voter can
choose between Asset Voting or Approval Voting or anywhere in between, and
the ballot is no more complex than the familiar Plurality ballot (and
harder to mess up).

Forest