[EM] Re2: Fobes wrt IRV w. relatively few competitive candidates.

Richard Fobes ElectionMethods at VoteFair.org
Wed May 29 14:48:45 PDT 2013

A clarification would be helpful in this discussion (below).

David seems to be talking about the number of candidates in _general_
elections.

I am more focused on the number of candidates in _primary_ elections.
This is where the greatest unfairnesses now occur.  This is where there
should be more candidates.

Specifically, in a congressional election where the district boundaries
do not ensure victory for the incumbent's party, the other party should
have about four to seven credible candidates in their primary election.

IRV cannot handle that many credible candidates.

Richard Fobes